Monday 20 March 2017

Mother´s love

part of a school work


      “He´s not breathing! Help me, he´s not breathing!” a high-pitched voice was screaming into the headphone of a 999 operator.

      “Try to calm down, ma´am, who´s not breathing?”

      “My boyfriend! He… he… I think he´s dead! Oh my God, he´s dead!”

      “Ma´am, try to calm down, talk to me. Help is on their way, do you understand? The ambulance…”

      “He doesn´t need ambulance! He is dead! He´s so cold, his skin is so cold! Someone killed him! They killed him!”

      “Ma´am, please, try taking a deep breath and talk to me, who are they? Who do you think hurt your boyfriend? Are you in danger?”

      “I don´t know! How would I know?! But they killed him, they must have! He is dead, someone must´ve killed him! How can he…?!”

      Woman on the other end of line was interrupted as a scream sounded, very loudly. Not a scream, the operator realised a bit later, a cry. Baby was crying.

      “Ma´am, are you alright? Is there a child with you?”

      There was no answer.

      “Ma´am! Are you still there?”

      The woman didn´t reply anymore, the operator could only hear child´s cry and a soothing sound, later replaced by a silent, sad lullaby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment